Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV) is seeking a part-time receptionist to work in its administrative department. This position is the first contact many local residents have with CAN TV, and responsibilities include helping people get the assistance and information they need to take advantage of CAN TV services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer telephone and direct callers to appropriate department
- Provide callers and visitors with general information about CAN TV programs and services
- Sort and distribute mail daily
- Perform administrative tasks such as copying, filing, processing and coordinating the pickup and delivery of Fedex and UPS
- Set up and support meeting needs
- Send invoices & correspondence for non-profit and individual membership renewals
- Maintain office inventory
- Order office supplies
- Maintain accounts payable files
- Maintain and log credit card receipts
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2 years relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Clear understanding of the need for and the role of public access television
- The workweek will be 20 hours on weekdays, Monday thru Friday
- Must be available to work from Mondays, 10:30am-7pm, and Tuesday thru Friday, 1pm-7pm
- Start Date: Immediate. This position is part of the NABET/CWA Local 41 bargaining unit at CAN TV with a salary of $15 per hour. The position reports to CAN TV’s HR & Business Manager.
- Submit resume and salary history to email@example.com
- Attention: Receptionist Position
- No phone calls please. CAN TV is an equal opportunity employer.