Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV) is seeking a part-time 20+ hours IT/Production Systems Analyst to work in our Engineering Department. (see complete job description here)
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Engineer, the IT/Production Systems Analyst is responsible for the implementation, operation, maintenance, and on-going cross-functional technical and system support of all media networks, servers, internet, radio and TV broadcast systems, audio and video editing workstations, voice-over and production studios, and classroom computers.
The position is accountable for maintenance of security for confidential and proprietary management information systems and content, expected to have a broad knowledge of digital media and audiovisual technologies; demonstrate creativity in the architecture and design of digital media and audio-visual systems; and evaluate, select and act on various methods for diagnosing and resolving operational issues and proactively meeting objectives within expected parameters and guidelines.
About CAN TV
- CAN TV is an independent 501(c)(3) private foundation established over three decades ago as the public’s space on cable television free of commercialism, content filters, and undue government censorship.
- On our five local channels you can view the diversity of people and ideas that reflect Chicago, including voices often excluded from mainstream media. A city where residents can freely share their passions and talents with one another is a city that works better. For everyone.
- CAN TV operates from a modern multi-use facility located at 1309 S. Wood St. in the Illinois Medical District.
- IT Systems Analyst (50%)
- Resolve service requests and incidents initiated by end-users and assigned IT service management systems
- Review, configure and maintain LAN/WAN/VPN media networks to ensure security of critical services, software installations, and hardware integrations
- Maintain confidential networked storage file servers and critical network accounts in a virtualized server and active directory environment
- Product Systems Analyst (50%)
- Participate in the installation, configuration, upgrade and maintenance of CAN TV’s contribution systems, audio/video production areas, and production computer equipment
- Investigate, resolve and document operational and technical problems with media servers, radio and cable TV systems, audio and video editing workstations, voice-over and production studios, classroom, and lab computer systems
- Assist as needed in the setup and operation of remote cablecast and sound reinforcement systems during live and special events, working closely with staff.
- Experience installing and maintaining Windows and Linux-based hardward,
OS, and enterprise software including VMWare, Active Directory and Windows Server 2013
- Experience installing and maintaining digital audio and video production workstations in a networked environment.
- Experience with automation systems for media acquisition, distribution, playout and archive
- Proficient technical skills related to computer hardware and software maintenance including imaging, upgrading, and troubleshooting driver and software/hardware incompatibilities
- Working knowledge of modern streaming technologies, Cable TV transmissions systems, networked A/V production equipment and related technologies.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and troubleshooting skills. High attention to detail, proactive attitude, ingenuity, and creativity.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, to express thoughts and ideas effectively to others through a variety of media
- Ability to maintain consistent and professional attendance, punctuality, and adherence to office protocols, policies, and procedures
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule (including early morning, late evening, and routine week-end hours)
- Ability to lift equipment and objects up to at least 50 pounds occasionally
- Ability to communicate orally and to hear normal levels of audio, without hearing impairment
- Bachelor’s degree in a media-related field or similar discipline. (e.g. Computer Science and Information Systems, Communications & TV, Digital Systems & Network Engineering, Media Arts & Engineering, Media Production)
- Advanced familiarity with audio and video editing applications
- A+ , Net+, MTA or higher Certification
- Advanced familiarity with A/V switchers and routing equipment, i.e., Newtek TriCaster and related technologies, Utah Scientific hardware and software solutions, Opengear Architecture systems.
- Fiber termination, testing and troubleshooting
- Start Date: Immediate.
- Submit resume to email@example.com
- Attention: IT/Production Systems Analyst Position
- No phone calls please. CAN TV is an equal opportunity employer.