Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV) seeks a part-time 30+ hours Assistant to work for and report directly to its Executive Director (ED).
- This position will provide high-level administrative support for the ED and is responsible for maintaining the Board of Directors records (contact information, board terms, communication preferences, etc.), preparing all Board materials (including but not limited to agenda, enclosures, etc.) in advance of each Board meeting (quarterly), and ensuring accurate and timely completion of Board minutes following each meeting.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of three years’ experience or the equivalent in an administrative capacity
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with staff, board members, external partners, and community producers
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational and computer skills
- Good judgment and able to function independently and collaboratively
- Professional and emotional maturity with the ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Clear understanding of the need for and the role of public access television
- Ability to manage and protect confidential information in a professional manner
- Submit resume to email@example.com
- Attention: Executive Assistant
About CAN TV
- CAN TV is an independent 501(c)(3) private foundation established over three decades ago as the public’s space on cable television free of commercialism, content filters, and undue government censorship.
- On our five local channels you can view the diversity of people and ideas that reflect Chicago, including voices often excluded from mainstream media. A city where residents can freely share their passions and talents with one another is a city that works better. For everyone.
- CAN TV operates from a modern multi-use facility located at 1309 S. Wood St. in the Illinois Medical District.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and maintain calendars
- Plan and organize meetings
- Support, manage, and ensure implementation of initiatives and projects identified by the ED
- Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, and memoranda
- Coordinates Board meetings and committee meetings
- Coordinate Board correspondence
- Ensure follow-up tasks are accomplished and calendared on the ED’s task list after Board and committee meetings
- Attend Board meetings and take notes of proceedings
- Provide back-up receptionist coverage on an as-needed basis
- Other related duties and projects as needed, related to accounting, office, and facility management
Qualifications and Experience
- Start Date: Immediate. This position is eligible for an excellent benefits package and salary commensurate with experience.
- No phone calls please. CAN TV is an equal opportunity employer.