Chicago Access Network Television (CAN TV) is seeking a part-time 20+ Community Partners Coordinator to be a part of a community initiative that reaches directly into Chicago neighborhoods.
- A key component of the project is on-location event coverage and in-house studio programming featuring nonprofit organizations.
About CAN TV
- CAN TV is an independent 501(c)(3) private foundation established over three decades ago as the public’s space on cable television free of commercialism, content filters, and undue government censorship.
- On our five local channels you can view the diversity of people and ideas that reflect Chicago, including voices often excluded from mainstream media. A city where residents can freely share their passions and talents with one another is a city that works better. For everyone.
- CAN TV operates from a modern multi-use facility located at 1309 S. Wood St. in the Illinois Medical District.
- Record field production and live events, as assigned
- Work with clients on-site to ensure all production needs are met. Be proactive in problem solving
- Crew studio programs, as assigned
- Edit field and studio programming utilizing Adobe Creative Suite
- Perform post-production and other administrative duties, as assigned
- Report any departmental incidents or equipment issues in a timely manner
- Must be able to maintain a flexible schedule as the workweek is Saturday-Friday; must be able to work early morning, evening and weekend hours
- Video Production experience
- Proficiency in ENG/EFP recording style, lighting and audio
- Studio crew experience
- Non-linear video editing experience, Premiere Pro a plus
- Good computer, writing and administrative skills
- Professional demeanor, strong interpersonal, highly-organized team player
- Detailed oriented and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to lift 40 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
- Clear understanding of the need for and the role of public access television
- Producing/Directing experience
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Operation of Tricaster and Live U systems
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus
- Start Date: February 1, 2018. This position is part of the NABET/CWA Local 41 bargaining unit at CAN TV with a salary of $15/hour. This position reports to CAN TV’s Community Partners Manager.
- Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attention: Community Partners Coordinator
- No phone calls please. CAN TV is an equal opportunity employer.